Propositions de restos par Mike Irwin, why not ?

Forum privé réservé aux organisateurs
Verrouillé
Côme
Site Admin

Propositions de restos par Mike Irwin, why not ?

Message par Côme » jeu. août 21, 2003 9:39 pm

ok. I've found the restaurant ! Here's the review:

Of Proust and Piaf: Paris as Proust knew it can be seen at the Eglise Saint Roch (corner of rues Saint-Honoré and Saint-Roch), where tiny boutiques nestle picturesquely against the mass of the 17th-and-18th-century church. Down the street, a taste of old Paris can be found at the plebeian Auberge de l'Hautil, presided over by the delightful Jean-Pierre, who keeps the Edith Piaf platters spinning. Cozy and lively. Dinner for two: FF240.
33, rue Saint-Roch. (33 1) 42 61 40 83.

The food is (well, was, two years ago) truly awesome ! Then again, there's always Gambrinus' !

This looked interesting, too ...

Bordello Chic: It may look like a house of ill-repute, but it's the hippest hostelry in town. Dress in black and accessorize with a cellular phone before having a drink in the bar of the Hôtel Costes with the beautiful people.
239, rue Saint-Honoré. (33 1) 42 44 50 00

Mike

Côme
Site Admin

Message par Côme » mar. sept. 02, 2003 10:06 pm

La suite des propositions de Mike :

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

yet another reply <g>

I was thinking of trying to link Paradox tables with ColdFusion !

Also, the "moving to an SQL database" case study might be a good idea.

I'll look at both of these more in the next few days and get back to you.

Is there anything that you would like brought over from the USA ? I was thinking of bringing a couple of copies of the ObjectPAL reference manual and holding a drawing ! Maybe a copy of Paradox 7.5 ? (oops - well, maybe not - I just re-read the beta-test NDA about that one :)

--
Michael Irwin
mirwin@onebox.com - email
1.888.549.6059 - voicemail/fax

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:55:00 +0200
To: <mirwin@onebox.com>
Subject: Re: Invitation for the International Paradox meeting in Paris !

Hi Mike !

> The little resto. I want to go to is just for personal reasons - it's very small - about
8 tables - and probably won't hold everyone ! It might also be a little expensive for
some, and not to the tastes of others.

Well maybe for the evening meal on the 23 ? I can pick you up at the Gare du Nord.
We are preparing the meeting for the 24 (probably begining at 12 h) and the 25

We are now in contact with Corel France as we hope they could help us to touch the
Canadian Ambassad
and this way to have a nice showroom ! They already did it in the past. Hopfully Corel is
still Canadian at this time...

> I stayed once in a place called Hotel de la Lutece on one of the islands in the Seine.
It was about FF800 about 3 years ago; maybe too much now.

Thank you for the suggestion, I shall have a look at it.

> More to the point (as I am perfectly happy wandering the streets of Paris at 3 am (I'd
probably run into an ex-girlfriend doing the same thing <g>) in search of alcohol),

Lucky man are you. I've often "wandering the streets of Paris at 3 am" but .. without
"running into an ex-girlfriend doing the same thing " !!!

> what can _I_ do for _you_ ? For example, maybe you can say that I'll run a
problem-solver unit from Friday morning until sundown on Saturday ? Alternatively, if
you'd like me to present on something, ask away - just give me some time to put something
together !

We plan to have some short demonstrations of "Paradox connectivity" :

Paradox and Internet (via PxForm) : Vladimir , Dmitry
Paradox and PHP : Côme
Paradox and Flash : Côme
Paradox and Python (via Ponx) : Michel
Paradox and XML : Frédéric
Paradox and GED (Gestion electronique de document) : Jacques

(the planning is not yet decided but you get the idea)

I would love to see a "Paradox and Delphi" but I don't know if you use Delphi.
There is a good document start from Corel but no real exemples showing synchronization of
BDE cursors
between Paradox forms and Delphi forms. Well you ask it !

Thinking again, I've a second idea ! I've never been able to store Paradox memo formated
in Interbase/Firebird blob
AND (the first part is ok) getting them back completely in a Paradox form or report. That
would be great !

More seriously you could share your experience in Client serveur upzising for instance
with a little example.

Côme

Verrouillé